Summer has pretty much arrived, and with that comes a lighter appetite (more room for yummy summer snacks). This salad has been on my meal rotation for quite some time. The blend of the balsamic vinegar and Parmigiano-Reggiano is to die for! The sundried tomatoes add that extra bit of flavor to every bite.
This salad is a cinch to whip together. You don't really have to do much except make some pasta and shave some cheese! All of the rest is assembly work. I adapted the original recipe from skinnytaste.com by adding more arugula, balsamic, and more cheese. Who doesn't love more cheese?
- 5 cups baby arugula
- 6 oz Ronzoni Smart Taste penne pasta (use brown rice pasta for g.f.)
- 1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1 cup canned garbanzo beans (chick peas), rinsed and drained
- 6 tbsp Parmigiano Reggiano, freshly shaved
Boil pasta in salted water according to package directions for al dente. Drain and run under cold water to stop the cooking.
Toss the pasta with baby arugula, sun dried tomatoes, chick peas, oil, vinegar, and cheese, add fresh cracked pepper to taste. Place in your bowls and shave some extra cheese on top. Enjoy!